The CBD industry is ever-growing, and the best products include CBD concentrate wax with the purest cannabidiol or CBD. CBD concentrate wax is also referred to as “shatter”, “dab”, or “budder”. CBD can be obtained either from cannabis or hemp using different extraction methods available, such as CO2 extraction, which involves pulling CBD from the plant using highly pressurized carbon dioxide.
In this post, you’ll learn more about CBD wax and ways on how to use it for maximum health benefits.
What Is CBD Wax?
CBD wax refers to a concentrate that is similar in consistency and looks to coconut oil. It is created by heating a potent concentration of CBD until it finally produces a material (CBD extract) that can be as soft as peanut butter, or as hard as solid coconut oil.
How to Use CBD Wax?
- CBD Wax for Vaping
CBD wax is usually placed into a vaping device, a vape pen, or an “oil rig”. It is heated and inhaled, and you’ll get a quick CBD dose as it directly enters into the bloodstream right after vaping. “Dabbing” is the term used in the process of using CBD wax concentrate in vaping, the reason why CBD wax is also referred to as “dab” During dabbing, you heat a small amount of CBD before putting it into a vaping device’s heated coil; the vapor is inhaled afterward.
Vaping CBD wax is usually recommended for those who cannot tolerate the ingestion of CBD products in edible forms. Also, it is recommended for those who are cigarette smokers who want to quit smoking and benefit from the healing effects of CBD at the same time.
Here are some good-to-know facts when vaping with CBD wax:
- Both new and experienced CBD wax users can benefit from using CBD wax for dabbing. They can experiment with varying amounts of CBD wax to achieve desired effects.
- Vaping CBD will not impair your focus or cognitive functioning. It will not get you high.
- Vaping CBD may cause your mouth to dry out, but you can prevent it by staying hydrated, such as drinking at least eight glasses of water a day, when vaping CBD.
- CBD Wax as Food and Beverage Additive
You can use CBD wax as an additive to your favorite food or beverage. When choosing a CBD wax for ingestion, make sure to select a high-quality brand.
Here are some tips when choosing CBD-infused edibles:
- The CBD extraction method used should be CO2 extraction because carbon dioxide is naturally found in plants, and such a process doesn’t use harsh chemicals that can be harmful to human health.
- Use a CBD shatter that contains pure CBD to ensure that you maximize the potential health benefits of cannabidiol, such as pain relief, improved sleep, and decreased stress and tension.
- Choose a brand of CBD wax that is non-GMO and pesticide-free to ensure safe and healthy CBD consumption.
- You can either choose a flavor-free or a flavored CBD wax because manufacturers offer a wide array of flavors, thanks to the terpene content of CBD. Terpenes are responsible for the varying flavors of CBD products.
- Choose a full-spectrum CBD wax, which contains all of the other therapeutic compounds like other cannabinoids and terpenes that accompany cannabidiol, for a synergistic effect.
- CBD Wax as a Topical Solution
CBD is good for the skin, and applying CBD wax can be a great remedy for irritated or inflamed skin. If you have skin rashes or are experiencing itchiness or inflammation due to allergy, CBD wax can be beneficial. Cannabidiol can help reduce the signs and symptoms of skin inflammation because it has natural anti-inflammatory properties.
Here’s how to apply CBD wax on your skin:
- Clean and dry the skin. Remove any oil residue and don’t apply lotion or any oily substances on your skin’s surface before CBD wax application.
- Dab your fingers on the CBD wax and obtain a thin layer just enough to cover the affected area of the skin. Be careful not to apply too much CBD wax in order to avoid that greasy feeling. Using enough amount of CBD wax is better than excessive application, which yields almost a similar effect but with less grease.
- You can massage in a rotating motion the painful area when applying CBD wax so it will be quickly absorbed by the deeper tissues of the skin for faster pain relief.
CBD wax is another reliable and effective CBD product that is made from extracted CBD concentrate of cannabis or hemp plants, usually through carbon dioxide extraction. It can be used as a dab or for vaping for faster pain-relief, or can also be infused in food and beverages for a hassle-free and fun way of taking your daily dose of CBD.